Multiple Copper-Gold Projects in Argentina, Chile & Paraguay
by Mike Fagan
Golden Arrow Resources (TSX-V: GRG)(OTC: GARWF) — currently trading below C$0.20 per share — has entered into an option agreement on its Caballos copper dominant project in Argentina whereby Hanaq Argentina S.A. can earn-in 70% by spending US$4 million on exploration over 6 years.
Golden Arrow's Caballos Copper-Gold Project is located at the intersection of the Maricunga
Copper-Gold Belt and the El Indio Gold-Silver belt with multiple major deposits within 40km.
With copper trading firmly above US$4 per pound, Golden Arrow is refocusing its efforts on advancing its copper dominant projects, which include:
- Caballos (partnered with Hanaq): Caballos Copper-Gold Project covers over 29,600 acres (~120 sq km) along the Chilean border in the Andean Cordillera of La Rioja Province, Argentina. The property is in a prospective porphyry copper-gold and epithermal gold-silver district at the intersection between the south end of the Maricunga Copper-Gold Belt with the northern extent of the El Indio Gold-Silver Belt.
- Rosales (100%-owned; phase-one exploration underway): Rosales Copper Project is located less than 90 kilometres from the mining center of Copiapo, Chile. The region is prolific for mining with multiple copper and gold mining projects nearby including the Margarita Mine — an underground copper mining operation adjacent to the Rosales properties.
- Mogote (100%-owned; early-stage exploration; Argentina): Mogote Copper-Gold Project is adjacent to the Filo del Sol gold project property owned by Filo Mining and has seen limited drilling (~12,000 meters) on its multiple porphyry and epithermal targets.
- Don Bosco (100%-owned; early-stage exploration; Argentina): Don Bosco Copper-Gold-Silver Project has several copper, gold, and silver targets and is in the same sedimentary belt as the Gualcamayo gold mine owned by Mineros SA. Positive initial results include 10% copper, 2 g/t gold & 114 ppm silver in 2.4 meters composite chip sample and 25% copper in a 1 meter chip sample.
Golden Arrow CEO, Joseph Grosso, commented via press release:
Additionally, in southern Paraguay, Golden Arrow is advancing its Tierra Dorada Gold Project by way of the drill with recent highlight intercepts of:
- 143 grams per tonne (g/t) gold over 0.5 meters within 6 meters averaging 14.5 g/t gold at 3-9 meters depth
- 11.8 g/t gold over 3 meters within 7.7 meters averaging 6 g/t gold at 2-9 meters depth
Golden Arrow VP Exploration & Development, Brian McEwen, commented via press release:
Golden Arrow is planning a 2,000 meter drill program to follow up on those targets and — with C$26 million in cash and equivalents as of September 30, 2020 — is well positioned to advance its impressive South American property portfolio via partner funded projects, such as Caballos, as well as self funded exploration and drilling such as Tierra Dorada.
Click here to access our most recent report on Golden Arrow Resources.
Yours in profits,
Editor, Resource Stock Digest
Mike Fagan has mining in his blood. As a teenager he staked countless gold and silver properties in Nevada alongside his dad, Brian Fagan, who created the Prospect Generator model that’s still widely used today in the resource space. One of those staking projects was put into production by a major Canadian mining company — a truly rare and profitable experience. That background uniquely qualifies him as a mining stock speculator. One of the most well-known names in the business, Mike is now putting that experience to use for the benefit of Resource Stock Digest and Hard Asset Digest readers.