Vancouver, British Columbia--(Newsfile Corp. - October 12, 2021) - Mountain Boy Minerals Ltd (TSXV: MTB) (OTCQB: MBYMF) (FSE: M9UA) ("Mountain Boy" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that Dorian L. (Dusty) Nicol has joined the Board of Directors.
Mr. Nicol is an experienced professional geologist with an excellent track record in the mining industry. Mr. Nicol has a B.Sc. degree in Earth Science from M.I.T. and an M.A. degree in geology from Indiana University. Dusty has over 45 years of world-wide experience in gold exploration and mining. He has designed and managed successful gold exploration programs throughout North and South America, Africa, Russia and the Former Soviet Union, and Papua New Guinea. He has also designed and managed generative gold exploration programs in Africa and Europe. At Jerritt Canyon, Nevada, he designed and managed the exploration program which discovered over 1.5 million ounces of gold at a discovery cost of about $18 / ounce over a 5-year period. His exploration program at the Tulkubash oxide deposit, Kyrgyzstan, added over 600,000 ounces of gold to M&I Resource in the first year, at a discovery cost of $11.40 / ounce.
His experience spans the spectrum of virtually every type of gold deposit in a variety of geologic settings. Dusty has also efficiently managed due diligence of gold projects at every stage of exploration, development, and production for investment funds and corporate acquisitions. In addition to his exploration experience, he has managed the construction, development, and operation of open pit and underground gold mines in Nevada and Mexico.
Dusty has held senior corporate positions on several publicly listed companies (TSX, TSX-V, ASX, AIM, and ASE), having served as a CEO / President, VP-Exploration, Technical Director, and Independent Director. Dusty speaks six languages fluently.
Lawrence Roulston, President and CEO, stated, "We are delighted to welcome Dusty as a Director of Mountain Boy. His exceptional breadth of hands-on exploration experience will be a huge help in advancing our diverse portfolio of projects. Equally importantly, his corporate and management experience will augment the team as we advance multiple projects."
Mr. Nicol commented: "I see enormous potential in the exceptional property portfolio that Mountain Boy has assembled and am excited to work with this talented geological team to advance those projects toward discovery."
Mr. Nicol has been granted 450,000 stock options exercisable at 21 cents per share for a period of five years, subject to the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange and the company's stock option plan.
About Mountain Boy Minerals
Mountain Boy has six active projects spanning 604 square kilometres (60,398 hectares) in the prolific Golden Triangle of northern British Columbia.
- The flagship American Creek project is centered on the historic Mountain Boy silver mine and is just north of the past producing Red Cliff gold and copper mine (in which the Company holds an interest). The American Creek project is road accessible and 20 km from the deep-water port of Stewart.
- On the BA property, 178 drill holes have outlined a substantial zone of silver-lead-zinc mineralization located 4 km from the highway. Work this year, including drilling, has extended that zone both north and south.
- Surprise Creek is interpreted to be hosted by the same prospective stratigraphy as the BA property and hosts multiple occurrences of silver, gold and base metals.
- On the Theia project, work by Mountain Boy and previous explorers has outlined a silver bearing mineralized trend 500 meters long, highlighted by a 2020 grab sample that returned 39 kg per tonne silver (1,100 ounces per ton).
- Southmore is located in the midst of some of the largest deposits in the Golden Triangle. It was explored in the 1980s through the early 1990s, and largely overlooked until Mountain Boy consolidated the property and confirmed the presence of multiple occurrences of gold, copper, lead and zinc. A property wide airborne geophysical survey is aiding the geological interpretation.
- The Telegraph project, acquired in May 2021, has a similar geological setting to major gold and copper-gold deposits in the Golden Triangle. Exploration this season ground truthed results from numerous previous explorers, found new mineralized zones and prepared the project for drilling next season.
On behalf of the Board of Directors:
President & CEO
For further information, contact:
President & CEO
Manager of Investor Relations
Corporate Communications/Media Relations
NEITHER TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.
This news release may contain certain "forward looking statements". Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date of this news release and, except as may be required by applicable securities laws, the Company disclaims any intent or obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or results or otherwise.
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/99305